Thursday, October 1, 2009

Es Ee Ex in Advertisement...

Let me just say that THIS is false advertisement... I went in to get a haircut and it did not go ANYTHING like this sign made me believe it would! Haha no, I have not actually been in the... uh... salon, I guess they would call it. I also thought "Plan B" was a type of contraceptive... perhaps as well, which threw me off! Well, this is most definitely not how I get my hair done... But you have to admit... It's a pretty seductive sign. It just goes to show you that sex sells.... However, how many men do you see walking into a beauty salon? Oh, and wouldn't it help if the place was named something more inviting and less "last resort"-ish than "Plan B!" With that said, it's still a pretty smart ad. It just needs to promote something more masculine. I do like how such a seductive sign is casually standing on a sidewalk in Harvard Square... It's such a public place... and nobody finds this offensive? That surprises me, actually. I don't see anything wrong with it, besides the obvious... but that lacks importance because it's the overall theme used to sell this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment